Who We are
Reformed Media is a web, mobile, and print design and technology service dedicated to strengthening churches and Christian workers in the Reformed Community with resources to advance their ministry and build the Kingdom of Christ.
The mission of Reformed Media is to partner with churches and ministries in the Reformed tradition to strengthen their digital presence through technology and media by helping them to represent their ministry more effectively in the eyes of potential visitors, connect and engage with members in vital areas of church life, and reach out further into their community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Our goal as a design and technology service is to provide online tools to help ministries grow without breaking the church budget. Our thrust is to help the Reformed Church expand their outreach and impact in their community. Our desire is as the hymn writer Isaac Watts wrote, "We long to see thy churches full, That all the chosen race. May, with one voice and heart and soul, Sing thy redeeming grace."
What makes Reformed Media different from most Christian tech companies is our view on theology. There are many wonderful Creeds and Confessions which came out of the Reformation and express the theology found in the Bible, but Reformed Media holds to the Westminster Confession of Faith and its Catechisms as containing the best expression of teachings found in the Bible.
In brief, we understand God to be sovereign over creation and mankind; faithful in bringing about his purposes in history through covenants which reveal the unfolding story of redemption in Jesus Christ and His current and future reign as Lord and King; and God's present work of calling elect individuals by his grace, predestined before the foundation of the world, and which make up the church, the Israel of God, as they have throughout all time, one people of God who's chief end is to bring glory to God and enjoy Him forever.
A summation of our basic beliefs is found in the Westminster Creed below.
- I believe man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever;
- I believe God is a Spirit, infinite, eternal, and unchangeable in his being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth;
- I believe there is but one true and living God; that there are three persons in the Godhead: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost; and that these three are one God, the same in substance, equal in power and glory;
- I believe God has foreordained whatever comes to pass; that God made all things of nothing, by the word of His power, in the space of six days, and all very good; and that God preserves and governs all His creatures and all their actions;
- I believe our first parents, though created in knowledge, righteousness, and holiness, sinned against God, by eating the forbidden fruit; and that their fall brought mankind into an estate of sin and misery;
- I believe God determined, out of His mere good pleasure, to deliver His elect out of the estate of sin and misery, and to bring them into an estate of salvation by a redeemer;
- I believe the only Redeemer of God's elect is the Lord Jesus Christ, who, being the eternal Son of God, became man, and so was, and continues to be, God and man in two distinct natures, and one person, forever;
- I believe Christ, as our Redeemer, executes the office of a prophet, of a priest, and of a king;
- I believe Christ as our Redeemer underwent the miseries of this life, the wrath of God, the cursed death of the cross, and burial; He rose again from the dead on the third day, ascended up into heaven, sits at the right hand of God, the Father, and is coming to judge the world at the last day.
- I believe we are made partakers of the redemption purchased by Christ, by the effectual application of it to us by his Holy Spirit;
- I believe God requires of us faith in Jesus Christ, and repentance unto life to escape the wrath and curse of God due to us for sin;
- I believe by His free grace we are effectually called, justified, and sanctified, and gathered into the visible church, out of which there is no ordinary possibility of salvation;
- I believe that we also are given in this life such accompanying benefits as assurance of God's love, peace of conscience, joy in the Holy Ghost, increase of grace, and perseverance therein to the end; that at death, we are made perfect in holiness, and immediately pass into glory; and our bodies, being still united in Christ, rest in their graves, till the resurrection; and at the resurrection, we shall be raised up in glory, we shall openly be acknowledged and acquitted in the day of judgment, and made perfectly blessed in the full enjoying of God to all eternity.